A good old classic deep fried turkey rub, no nonsense just fingerlickin’ delicious!
- 25 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons of hot Creole seasoning
Put all the ingredients in a (spice)grinder and grind all the bayleaves into a fine powder. Put in a bowl and grind the oregano, peppercorns and thyme. Mix all ingredients.
Rub the mix on the turkey, don’t forget the inside and refrigerate the bird overnight.
Note: When rubbing poultry try to get the mix under the skin as skin blocks the flavors.