A wireless meat thermometer is an essential tool for any turkey deep fryer chef. I personally hate it having to poke a thermometer into a turkey while it’s submerged in 350 degrees boiling hot oil. It’s not only inconvenient, it’s utterly and completely dangerous! It’s a sure way to spend the holidays in the emergency room.
Boiling oil can be a total b*tch as it can cause horrific burns, so don’t put your safety at risk and invest some money in a good wireless meat thermometer.
This Top Of The Line Wireless Meat Thermometer is made by Ivation and has the following features:
Buy From Amazon
- The Ivation comes with two probes, put one in the turkey’s breast and the other in the leg
- Probes are 716 degrees Fahrenheit heat resistant and can be inserted 6 inches into the meat
- Can also be used in ovens and smokers
- Features a long range receiver (up to 300 ft)
- Can be programmed to send an alert (beeps and flashes) if the temperature goes above or below the set temperature
- Receiver can display temperatures up to 572 degrees Fahrenheit
- Back lit LCD screen so you can use it at night
- Receiver has a built in stand and a convenient belt clip
Enjoy your bird!